Oct 26, 2009

Responding to the Gospel of Jesus Christ

If you have read the previous post, which is the first part of understanding the gospel of Jesus Christ, and it convicts your heart, perhaps makes you feel guilt, or shame, or like you've got to get right with God, then to that I say AMEN.

Do not let another day go by without making things right between you and the Lord. You don't know when will be your last breath, nor do you know if in that moment you will have the chance to repent of your sins.

You don't need me to tell you how to pray to God, and you don't need to repeat anything after me. Consider your sins, all of them if you can. Think of how you have sinned against the One who made you, the One who everyday despite your rebellion still provides for you. Think of not only His provision for you but also how He died to save you.

Fall on your knees and apologize to Him. Trust no longer in your own goodness, but surrender you life to Jesus Christ, putting all your faith and trust into Him and Him alone.

Here is a wonderful prayer of contrition; a Psalm of repentance by King David; (Psalm 51)
For the choir director. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity And cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions, And my sin is ever before me.
Against You, You only, I have sinned And done what is evil in Your sight, So that You are justified when You speak And blameless when You judge.
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.
Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.
Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness, Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.
Hide Your face from my sins And blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners will be converted to You.
Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation; Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
O Lord, open my lips, That my mouth may declare Your praise.
For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

This means that you deny yourself and daily pick up your cross and follow Him, for "he who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of Me." (Matt 10:38) Jesus also said that "if you keep my commandments, you will abide in My love..." and "My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit (doing good works and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ), and so prove to be my disciples."

When you give your life to Jesus Christ, you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit as a promise of your salvation. You will be born again and made new. You will be given a new attitude and instead of wanting to sin, you will instead strive to obey the commands of Jesus Christ and live a life of repentance and faith.

You are a disciple of Jesus Christ a "Christian", a Greek term meaning, "Christ follower".

Find a good Bible teaching assembly of saints (a church), and be baptized. Read your Bible and pray every day and grow in the Lord. **

I rejoice for you and so do all the angels of heaven. May the peace of God be upon you and may God bless you and keep you.



** It is important for you to understand though, and really unfortunate, but many church's nowadays are straying from sound Biblical truth. It is important for all new believers and old believers to be grounded in sound Biblical truth. If you would like to find a good solid church to attend please let me know and I will do all that I can to point you in the right direction**

3 comments:

  1. you don't have to sign up, but I will say a quick hello to my fellow apologetist and brother in Christ.

    Kelly Powers

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and by the way I have posts up you should check out and give feedback as well :)

    Kelly Powers
    ROOTED
    http://www.rootedinchrist.org/1/Home.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rabbi, Thanks for being the first and only responder to my blog. I know I should be on this a little more, and I will in time.

    ReplyDelete