Jan 21, 2010

Creation or Evolution?

I grew up going to public schools. In which we were taught that we all evolved from slime (no joke). I never really thought about it though, I mean how it all began. I guess I would have said the big bang started it all if I was asked, but I did believe in God (the god of my own imagination), but I never equated the two.

When I became a Christian, I can remember the day (it was night actually) when I was trucking home and I was listening to a Christian station and I heard this guy mention something about dinosaurs.

I don't know who it was or what else he said as I soon lost the reception, but it hit me like a bag of bones (dinosaur bones maybe, WHAM-O), "How do dinosaurs fit into the Bible? I don't think I've read anything about dinosaurs in there. And if the Bible is true and it tells of how God created the universe, but I was taught that we evolved from the goo to the zoo to you, then someone has to be wrong."

Now if I was into the whole unreasonable logic of post-modernism, I wouldn't have thought much of it, but I had to know if the faith I have given my life to was real, if the God I bowed to was a truly living God. If evolution was true than how could I believe any of the Bible if it claims a completely different world history than that of reality? It would all be false, and my faith would be false and pointless, if the Bible was wrong in history, then it would surely be wrong about God. I had to know. I was though, afraid. I feared what I might learn. However, I could not remain ignorant.

Where would I start? I'm a truck driver, how am I going to learn this great truth? So I prayed.

It wasn't long after that that heard another preacher begin talking about this. John MacAurthur was the man I was listening to and the series that he began was called "The Battle for the Beginning; Creation, Evolution, and the Bible" This is what I wanted to hear.
It was this that confirmed my faith and demolished all the lies told to me as a youth about really being a monkeys uncle.

I do not believe that evolution is true and it is not even real science (I know your may be thinking that I'm some sort of wack-a-doo) but I have now a great interest in science (no I'm not a scientist, nor do I plan to be one). With a little common sense and desire to learn the truth, I have, and this is what I wish to share with all y'all in future post.



Psalms 95:1-11
O come, let us sing for joy to the LORD, Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God And a great King above all gods,
In whose hand are the depths of the earth, The peaks of the mountains are His also.
The sea is His, for it was He who made it, And His hands formed the dry land.
Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.
Today, if you would hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts...

No comments:

Post a Comment