Jan 19, 2010

Prayer Post - A Prayer for Haiti

Dear Lord God, You are almighty and sovereign over all of Your creation. My Lord, the island of Haiti is before You, may You hear their cries and mourning and anguish. May Your mercies and grace be found among them.

The nations gather together O Lord to bring aid and relief from their sufferings. Bless them in their aid for this little island. May all the operations of the United Nations, Canada, U.S., and all the other countries operate smoothly and efficiently in the best manor for those in the greatest need.

Amidst all this O God, may your chosen ones, those who call themselves by the name of Jesus Christ, be blessed and go forth to Haiti bearing witness of your grace among such tragedy.

You are in control, and Your purposes for causing this calamity are You own, whether it was judgment upon a nation, or some other reason, Your counsel is Your own. However, Your judgments are just, but Your mercies are greater, O Most High God, only may Your will be done.

May the gospel of Jesus Christ go forth into the island of Haiti, may the suffering find the greatest comfort of all in the saving faith of Your Son who has purchased for them salvation. I pray Lord Yahweh that You would open the eyes of the peoples to see your great love for them and how much more our Saviour has suffered to purchase their salvation, even with His own blood.

I pray that the peoples of Haiti would turn to you and that you would heal their families and their lives and that the nations of earth may see your kindness and glorify your holy name O great King of all the earth.


Psalms 63:1-11
A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me. But those who seek my life to destroy it, Will go into the depths of the earth. They will be delivered over to the power of the sword; They will be a prey for foxes. But the king will rejoice in God; Everyone who swears by Him will glory, For the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment